Thank you for your interest in Anakeesta, Gatlinburg’s newest family attraction opening this summer.
Anakeesta offers a unique outdoor mountain experience to entertain your whole family. The adventure begins with a 12-minute Chondola ride, the only one of its kind in the US, where you will choose either an open air ride in a quad chairlift or an enclosed ride in a six-person gondola cabin. The Chondola will take you from Downtown Gatlinburg to the summit of Anakeesta Mountain where you will arrive at Firefly Village, a whimsical treehouse-themed village that features local craftsmen, retail and casual dining. From there you can:
- stroll through a scenic tree canopy walk
- soar through the forest on Gatlinburg’s fastest dual-racing zip lines
- fly through the forest on the high-speed single rail mountain coaster
- climb through the Anakeesta treehouse playground
- simply sit back and enjoy the breathtaking views of Mt. Leconte and sparkling lights of Downtown Gatlinburg.
Construction is currently in full swing as we work to turn this dream into a reality while ensuring that we preserve the natural beauty and serenity that Anakeesta Mountain provides. The Chondola base station, which is being built by Leitner-Poma of America, is currently under construction, ziplines have been installed by CLIMB Works, the tree canopy tour is being laid out and we are building a stellar team to run operations.
We look forward to seeing you this summer and showing you the magic in the mountains.