We’re looking for energetic, enthusiastic individuals to join our team!
Join Our Team
Anakeesta is currently looking for energetic, enthusiastic individuals to join our team. We offer many benefits such as free parking and reciprocal agreements with over 20 other local attractions. Full-time employees are eligible for PTO and health insurance.
If you believe you meet the qualifications below and have an interest in being part of the Anakeesta team, please send your resume to 147 Baskins Creek Bypass, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online here.
As a CFO/Controller this individual is responsible for establishing a company-wide budget that is detailed, of accounts for a multi-corporate structure including various Limited Liability Corporations. This individual is responsible for overseeing all financial and reporting functions of Anakeesta, LLC including payroll, cash management, accounting, financials, and managing the day-to-day operations of the accounting department. Works with various divisions in budget preparation, issuing financial projections and cost analysis.
This individual is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of Anakeesta, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, issued
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of Anakeesta’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Maintain awareness and advise on the impact of long-range planning, the introduction of new programs and strategies.
- Develop and ensure credibility for the finance group by providing a timely, accurate and consistent analysis of budgets, financial reports, and trends in order to assist the President and Division Directors in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance, develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures through systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establish credibility as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Guide and direct others within the financial department, working to develop skill sets
- Consistently improve, modify and run “what if” scenarios on the budget ensuring maximum efficiency and enabling department managers to evaluate their business
- Maintain a well-developed budget that forecasts accurately to enable critical development opportunities enabling growth for Anakeesta.
- Train and development managers and department heads on financial considerations and issues affecting their departments.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting Anakeesta, for example, expansion and development, and other asset acquisition.
- Advise from the financial perspective on any contracts in which the corporation may enter
- Continually evaluating cash flow projection process and reporting devices that include cash thresholds.
- Evaluate the financial division structure and team for continual improvements and efficiency.
- Prepares reports for each division outlining their financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings including budget versus actuals.
- Utilizes CenterEdge Software and Quickbooks for a compilation of financial data and information, as well as, other software, Google Documents, Excel, etc.
- Audits payroll reports with General Manager before exporting it to payroll processing provider.
- Works with Human Resources in employee relations and budget reporting of leave financial liability and forecasts payroll. including changes in employee complement.
- Interviews and recommends employees to hire and manages their performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in and adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Prefer five years as a Director of Finance, Controller, or similar position.
- Background in Financial Management for firms in excess of $10 million annual budgets.
- Previous experience in leadership and management.
- Analytical abilities. good planning, and organizational skills and communication skills
- Experience in a resort, amusement or multi-unit environment.
- Experience with CenterEdge Software and Quickbooks
- VP of Operations
The VP of Operations will oversee daily operations and should be professional, committed to the business, and personable toward staff and guests alike. The position is full-time, year-round and the hours of work will vary. The VP of Operations must be open to continuously improve the operations and working with business partners and consultants.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The VP of Operations is responsible for hiring/training/supervising all staff, creating work schedules, assertively correcting any interpersonal problems, handling HR concerns and overseeing all aspects of a very busy office environment. The position is challenged with not only hiring, training and supervising all staff but also modeling pro-social behavior and serving as a professional mentor to help motivate staff to reach their utmost potential as efficient and happy workers. The manager is responsible for cultivating a positive work culture and creating a strong team dynamic.
In addition, the VP of Operations will partner and effectively communicate with the sales and marketing teams and off-site upper management to ensure effective implementation of park operations, promotions and programs. The manager should also interact with customers on site to gather feedback on their experience.
The VP of Operations is also responsible for the overall park aesthetic, including general equipment and course maintenance, grounds upkeep, and coordinating any work that needs to be done by outside vendors or contractors.
Oversee entire guest experience
Mentoring and developing Supervisors, Office staff, Guides and Monitors
Overseeing scheduling of guests and staff
Reviewing reservations process
General administrative responsibilities (email, voicemail, reporting, etc.)
Problem solving and customer service training
Hands on mechanical knowledge for Chondola over sight and trouble shooting
Retail (gift store) sales and inventory
Food service industry management
Financial responsibility for the company performance
Recruiting and training staff as well as discipline and dismissal of staff when necessary
Create a fun work environment where safety comes first
Set the mood for the company by reflecting a positive enthusiastic tone
Maintain appropriate staffing schedule for efficient operation keeping safety at the forefront. Always looking ahead to anticipate needs for staffing and resource allocation
Help with the development of new and innovative programming
Oversee supervisors and ensure they are completing assigned work
Staff Development, Training & Scheduling
Assist in the training program alongside current training staff
Oversee Supervisor’s role with coordinating and planning for large group programs
Makes sure that all staff do their jobs and tasks in an accurate and timely fashion
Work with our HR resource team to compliance with state and Federal employment law
Finance & Operations, specifically budgets-request review and oversee approved budgets, closely track revenue as well as being accountable to all expenses and labor cost.
Responsible for keeping overhead (staffing, supplies, maintenance) at target levels or better so profit margin is improved
Makes sure that daily details of office run smoothly
Coordinate with bookkeeper and provide them with the information they need
Oversee staff payroll process
Make sure all transactions reconcile and the POS system is being used appropriately
Make recommendations on adopting technology to improve efficiency and lower cost of operations
Managing an outdoor recreation business
Maintaining high customer service standards
Evaluating and improving the entire guest experience
Growing revenue of the existing product offerings
Working in a fast-paced environment
Utilizing professional communications skill
Implementing change to improve the course operations
Business minded with eye on bottom line
Look at operations with a critical eye always trying to improve
Other Job requirements:
Must be available to work weekends
Bachelor’s degree preferably in recreation or similar field plus previous experience outdoor recreation
Prior supervisory experience
Friendly and passionate about working in outdoor adventure recreation industry
Exhibits a high level of energy and ability to follow through with tasks without supervision
Very good at communicating to guests & staff in a confident manner
Well organized, able to juggle multiple activities and detailed oriented
Works well with staff
Comfortable working with people of all ages and backgrounds
Physically able to perform the functions of all staff working on the zip lines, treetop canopy walk, and mountain coaster.
Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a high level of creativity
Ability to analyze data and make recommendations that have a positive financial and operations impact
Comfortable using computer including Microsoft Office applications and internet-based programs
Apply online here or send your resume and cover letter to 147 Baskins Creek Bypass, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 or email email@example.com