Don’t see your question here?
All your questions, answered.
- How much is admission to Anakeesta?
ANAKEESTA ADMISSION – (Includes all day unlimited access)
Purchase a ticket after 3:00 PM and enter the park free the following day.
- Adults (12-59): $19.99
- Children (4-11, kids 3 and under are free): $15.99
- Seniors (60+): $17.99
- Active Military (and immediate family): $17.99
- Season Pass: Adult: $34.99 – Senior: $31.99 – Child: $27.99
DUELING ZIPLINE ADVENTURE – (entry to Anakeesta is required to access ziplines)
Zip through the treetops on Anakeesta’s two unique ziplines. Stretching high over the forest floor, each zip is over 1,000 feet in length and will give you beautiful views of the Smokies while zipping right next to friends or family. Along the way you’ll be able to test your courage at our two challenge stations where you’ll rappel off our platforms and enjoy a controlled 60 foot descent to a cushioned platform below. Zipline guests return to the summit by riding the Chondola from the mid-station.
- Age Minimum: 7 years old
- Weight Maximum: 270 pounds
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult 18+
- See all restrictions and requirements
- Adults (12-59): $29.99
- Children (7-11): $25.99
- Seniors (60+): $27.99
- Loved it? Zip again for $14.99
- Is Anakeesta wheelchair accessible?
Yes, many parts of Anakeesta are wheelchair accessible. The Gondola cabins size are 32″ wide and 49″ deep for your ride to the summit of Anakeesta. The Firefly Village’s shops, dining pavilion and viewing platforms to enjoy the scenic overlooks are all wheelchair accessible.
- Is the Chondola the only way to get to Anakeesta?
Yes, this is the only way for visitors to get to Anakeesta.
- Can I purchase a Season Pass?
Yes! Anakeesta Season Passes are now available.
Enjoy the magic in the mountains anytime with the new Anakeesta season pass!
The season pass is great for locals and frequent visitors. Anakeesta offers a lot of seasonal events, and the views change dramatically every season, so it is a great place to visit throughout the year.
Season passholders can visit as many times as they want for one low price from now until the end of 2018. If you come even twice in one year it will save you money!
Pricing for season passes are:
Passes are available for purchase at the Anakeesta ticket booth located at 576 Parkway.
- How do I buy my professional photos after I have left Anakeesta?
Any photo requests or issues please email: email@example.com
We have 3 options for Guests looking to purchase photos post visit:
- (2) Physical Prints = $25.00 + Flat Rate of $10 Shipping (Domestic Shipping Only)
- (3) Physical Prints = $35.00 + Flat Rate of $10 Shipping (Domestic Shipping Only)
- Instant Delivery of Digital Copy Only (up to 5 captures) = $30.00 – A unique code will be emailed to Guest within 48hrs. Guests can download and/or share online directly via DEI MYSNAPPS website. Digital Copy will also include DEI photo release if Guest desires to create physical prints through 3rd party vendor (Walmart, CVS, Walgreens)
What we need for successful post visit photo retrieval is:
- Date & estimated Time of visit
- Photo Number if available
- Number of Guests
- Locations of photo capture (green screen, platform, zipline)
- Brief Description of Guests (age range, type of clothing, etc)
Please email us if you have quality issues or general complaints.
*Note: Due to the amount of captures we take on a weekly basis. Our On-Site Database can only guarantee photo retrieval for roughly 7-14 days. Photos taken beyond that timeline may be retrieved with the help of our IT Dept accessing our cloud server, but will most likely be purged after 30 days.
- What should I wear at Anakeesta?
If you are ziplining, then you are required to wear close-toed shoes and be able to pull back long hair.
For all of our other activities we suggest wearing comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Do you offer group pricing?
Groups of all kinds are welcome at Anakeesta, and we’re happy to work with you on planning your group visit. Please get in touch with us directly at 865-325-2400 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss group pricing and logistics.
- What is your refund policy?
Pre-purchased tickets cannot be refunded. However, Anakeesta tickets are good for one year from date of purchase.
- How do you monitor the health of your trees?
Daniel Laine is our staff Arborist. He has a degree in Forestry from Va Tech and has 20 years of experience in the tree care industry and 22 years as a member of the United States Army Reserves. He is a Certified Arborist, a Certified Tree Care Safety Professional, and has an Applicator’s Certification by the Tennessee Department of Agriculture. He regularly attends seminars and conferences to stay on the cutting edge of Arboriculture and to maintain his certifications. Over the course of his career, he has held the position of Tree Climber, Tree Crew Foreman, Integrated Pest Management Specialist, Sales Arborist, Safety Manager, and General Manager for some of the top tree care companies in Tennessee. He has partnered with regional universities to create internship programs and helped establish, and taught for two semesters, the tree climbing portion of the Urban Forestry class at the University of Tennessee. He has participated for seven years in the Tennessee Urban Forestry Council’s Tree Climbing Competition as both a competitor and a judge. He is highly skilled in multiple methods of rope and saddle tree climbing, rope and rigging techniques. He uses advanced tree felling techniques that employ multiple levels of safety back-ups to ensure that any tree removal operations are done in a safe and precise manner. His knowledge of insect and disease issues along with his professional approach to tree care have been instrumental in the continual recovery from the Gatlinburg wild fires and ensuring the health of our trees for future generations.
- Are pets allowed?
Anakeesta doesn’t allow pets. However, ADA service dogs accompanying people with disabilities are permitted. Please notify our staff when purchasing your ticket if you will be accompanied by a service animal.
- What is your weather delay and cancellation policy?
Anakeesta activities, including entry on the Chondola, ziplines and mountain coaster will continue to operate during inclement weather.
- What does “Anakeesta” mean?
Anakeesta is a Cherokee word meaning “Place of the Balsams” or a place of high ground. Anakeesta rock was formed over 200 million years ago and is mostly slate. You can see Anakeesta rock high above Gatlinburg at Chimney Tops, Charlie’s Bunion and Mount Kephart in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.
- Where can I park?
On-site paid parking allows Anakeesta guests convenient access before embarking on the Chondola ride to the summit of Anakeesta Mountain.
Guests can also find nearby parking at two City parking garages, one across the street at Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies and the other at Traffic Light #3, the McMahan Parking Garage.
- When do you stop selling tickets for the day?
When Anakeesta stops selling tickets is determined by a number of factors, including weather and season, and may change daily. Daily hours of operation will be posted at the ticket booth.
- Do I need to make a reservation to zipline?
No, reservations are not required.
- What types of discounts do you offer?
Anakeesta is pleased to offer the following discounts:
- 10% AAA Discount
- 10% Active/Retired Military Discount for ID Holder and Immediate Family
- 20% Sevier County Locals Discount
- How do I prepare for ziplining?
Visit our zipline page to review guidelines, restrictions and requirements.